I want to officially welcome, my good friend, teacher BFF, and other Hello Two Peas half, Kathi Zotovich, to the wonderful blogosphere...the amazing world, outside school, where we learn and share with other teachers in a virtual online learning community called blogging! You may remember Kathi from several of my previous posts throughout the years....two years ago when she took her first trip to Teacher's College for the Coaching Institute and last summer, when she was instrumental in bringing TCRWP to her small (and my former) school district in California for a Summer Writing Institute and I was fortunate enough to attend.
This week, Kathi packed up her bags and moved in with me for a week for a Jen Jones Hello Literacy Boot Camp! Although I had to work this week (bummer!) we stayed up late each night working and learning all the how-to's, ins and outs, tips and tricks of starting a blog and a TpT store. Here's just a short list of the "tasks" we have accomplished this week (although some minor, very key in increasing efficiency and productivity in blogging and product making.)
- Set up a Paypal account (and linked it to her TpT store)
- Set up a membership at TeachersPayTeachers
- Decided on a name for her blog and set it up through www.blogger.com
- Set up a Dropbox account
- Downloaded Dropbox to her desktop
- Downloaded Jing by Techsmith
- Purchased several sets of clipart for Melonheadz
- Purchased several sets of digital paper from Moo & Puppy Paper on Etsy
- Purchased several sets of borders from Mr. Magician & I gave her a few of mine
- Downloaded several fonts from www.kevinandamanda.com and I gave her a "few" of mine
- Purchased the Alphabet for her blog header (Lizard Stripes from www.letteringdelights.com)
- Created the header/banner for her blog
- Wrote her first blog post "New Beginnings"
- Created a Follow Me on TpT button
- Created a Follow Me on Hello Two Peas button
- Signed up for Bloglovin' and added a "Follow Me on Bloglovin" Gadget to her blog
- Created her first product - the first one is always free (more on that below)
- Created a thumbnail cover page for her first product
- Learned how to resize the cover thumbnail (to get it under 200mb)
- Wrote her free product description and uploaded her first freebie to TpT
- Signed up for a Twitter account
- Signed up for a Google+ account
- Showed her how to take a screenshot on her phone
- Replied to comments
- Followed other bloggers back on Bloglovin'
- ...and so much more....
I do believe I've never done so many "blog & TpT think-alouds" as much as I've done this week! But Kathi has truly accomplished soooooo much in five days and I am so proud of her. We would work at night and I would give her "homework assignments" to do during the day. Didn't she do good?????
As much as I have loved writing our phonological awareness curriculum with her, and sharing a store with her, she has been highly motivated and encouraged by so many of you to "give it a go" on her own! Kathi is really a wealth of literacy information and I'm sure you will love reading all about her and how she works with teachers and students every day as an Literacy Coach, Curriculum Writer and Staff Developer, in the San Luis Coastal Unified School District located in San Luis Obispo, California.
So, stop by her NEW blog at:
And once you're there, don't forget to follow her through Bloglovin'!
Then, hop on over to her TpT store and follow her over there.
And while you're there download and leave feedback for her first product, a freebie list of online reading resources.
Now, for the surprise. In honor of Kathi and all new bloggers and TpT sellers out there trying to "start up" this summer, we are putting everything in our Hello Two Peas in a Pod store this weekend. It would be a great time to stock up on all the monthly phonological awareness unit, or just go for it and purchase the Yearly Bundle of all lessons for the year in one.
for every teacher out starting a TpT store....
I'm going to put the following blog and TpT "start up" materials and necessitities from my store on sale this weekend, all the things one would need to get going on making products for TeachersPayTeachers. By the way, I contacted Paul Edelman (founder and owner of TpT) this week and asked him a few "analytic" questions...most amazing is the number of teachers converting their membership to Premium...to become sellers. Guess how many of you are opening storefronts on TpT per month right now? He said "upgrades to premium are around a few hundred per month nowadays." That's a lot of you!
So, hop on over to my TpT store at www.hellojenjones.com and pick up the following "start-up" items.
(24 doodle border clipart products total-only two pictured below)
If you would like to your own Jen Jones Boot Camp, my address is.....106 JK Drive, hey that would be fun! Seriously, I (along with several other gifted educators and bloggers) will be presenting a Blogger Boot Camp session this year at the North Carolina Elementary Educators Conference in October in Greensboro. My Carolina Blogger Buddies are Kayla from Primary Junction, Elizabeth Haywood from the blog, Twins, Teaching and Tacos and Laura Candler from Corkboard Connections.
Also wanted to give everyone a heads-up about a GREAT DEAL...Jodi at Moo and Puppy Paper on Etsy, where she allows small commercial use of all her paper, like in TpT products, with a link to her Etsy store on your Credits page....is having an amazing sale right now for a limited time...50 paper packs for $50...retail value of $175! Now that's a deal!
Ya'll, seriously, thank you for all the bloggie (and TpT) support. This year has truly been amazing!!!! -Jen