Sat, Jun 06|
Hello Guided Reading & Running Record Refresh Live Stream
**ONLINE** Are you in need of a Guided Reading or Running Record Refresh? Or never got trained in the first place? This day is low prep/high yield. Attend just K-2 in the morning or 3-5 in the afternoon or stay all day! Got questions? Email email@example.com
Time & Location
Jun 06, 2020, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
About The Event
Throughout the day, Jen (and only Jen...no guest speakers) will present a variety of low prep/high yield strategies that are simple and free to implement in your classroom immediately! "Jen's PD is fresh, inspiring & entertaining." This PD is appropriate for teachers, student teachers, literacy coaches, administrators, teaching assistants, reading specialists, librarians and curriculum directors/coordinators. Whether you've been trained in guided reading or not, I believe everyone can learn something. Regardless of your reading curriculum or no reading curriculum, you'll walk away feeling recharged to ignite your guided reading instruction. Attending any of my previous training are not a requirement to attend this. The K-2 session in the morning will include a Running Record refresh.
An overview of the most important literacy practices for K-5 students will be presented, as well as more student-centered ownership of strategies for reading engagement and reading achievement, use of the most effective strategies for teaching student voice and choice, and authentic audience are also essential elements of the 21st century classroom.
You can attend K-2 in the AM only or 3-5 in the PM only or BOTH....let's just hang out all day! Here's how the day will run:
Saturday, June 6, 2020: Zoom 8:30am-3:30pm EST
8:30-11:30 K-2 Session
- Foundational Literacy: Guided Reading (including the 8 components of a guided reading session), Phonemic Awareness, Alphabet & Word Principles, and Spelling through Guided Writing
- Running Record Refresh: Scoring, Analyzing & Prioritizing Student Reading Behaviors
12:30-3:30 3-5 Session
- Guided Reading in Upper Grades: Guided Discussion & Guided Writing
- Writing & Reading Comprehension Skills & Strategies for Upper Grades
- Making Inferences & Citing Text Based Evidence
- Word Study (Word Analysis), Vocabulary & Grammar for Upper Grades
Jen speaks on these topics and more, to schools and districts all over the country. She is highly sought-after and teachers in her workshops have said “this was the best professional development we’ve ever had.” Follow Jen on Instragram at @hellojenjones or @helloliteracy.
$120 Standard Registration (all day), $75 K-2 AM only or $75 3-5 PM only
You can register yourself or batch register a group of teachers in one transaction. Just be sure to list teacher names and email addresses that will be attending. If you are registering teachers, but not attending (maybe you are the school secretary), and have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org She'll be more than happy to help you get your group registered.
Conference registration includes:
- Conference Materials & free digital files aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 10 CEU hours
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- A vivid fiction picture book
- A non-fiction picture book
- A read-aloud fiction chapter book
- Sticky notes, teacher pens, highlighters (please bring a set of 5 different colored highlighters)
- Portable White Board, white board pen & eraser/sock, math counters
Professional Learning Standards:
- 1 Knowledge Students and Student Learning
- 2 Knowledge of Content and Instruction
- 3 Instructional Practice
- 5 Assessment for Learning
- 7 Professional Growth
There are 4 ways to pay for this conference:
1.Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting Paypal button).
2. Pay with a school purchase order. If your school is paying for your registration, select "Pay Offline" and follow the directions so Hello Literacy can email you an invoice.
3. Pay via a grant through Donors Choose Professional Development. Write the grant and Donors Choose will pay Hello Literacy on your behalf. Donors Choose will need documentation of the event for your project. So, you'll go ahead and register and select OFFLINE PAYMENT at checkout. Then, you'll recieve an invoice via email and THAT is what you'll submit to Donors Choose.
4. Pay with a personal check by selecting "Pay Offline" and follow the directions so Hello Literacy can email you an invoice. All school, district or personal checks must be paid within 30 days of registering with an offline payment, unless it's within 30 days of the conference and then it's due before the conference or on the day of the conference. If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders, or invoices, please ask at email@example.com. NO REFUNDS will be issued within 30 days prior to the event. If you are interested in having Jen bring HelloLitCon to your school or literacy professional development tailored to your school's needs, please send her at email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her general PD information packet is HERE. Thank you!
K-2 Morning Ticket
8:30 AM-11:30 AM
3-5 Afternoon Ticket
12:30 PM-3:30 PM
K-5 All Day Ticket