Hello Writer's Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Writer’s Workshop with Jen Jones
All Jen Jones, All Day!!!
•Essential Conditions of a Writer’s Workshop Classroom
•Prepping Your Classroom for Writer’s Workshop
•Overview of the K-2 & 3-5 Writing Process
•Creating Mentor Text Sets for Teaching Students How to Write Personal Narratives, Informational Texts & Opinion Writing/Literary Essays
•Strategies for Overcoming the Generating Ideas Stage of the Writing Process: Story Ideas Can Come From
•Composing in Front of Our Students
•Writing & Delivering Laser-Focused Minilessons
•The Two Goals of a Writing Conference
•Skill/Strategy Groups for a Those Who Need a Second Dose of the Minilesson
Conference registration includes:
- Simple and scalable strategies to implement in your classroom right away
- Free digital files aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 10 CEU hours
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- A vivid fiction picture book
- A Big Book (to plan a Shared Reading 5-day lesson format)
- A read-aloud fiction chapter book
- Sticky notes, teacher pens, highlighters
- Portable White Board, white board pen & eraser/sock, math counters
- BYOD: iPad, Chromebook or Smart Phone
Ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting PayPal button).
- NO purchase orders will be accepted for individual tickets or groups less than 10.
This event will be recorded and available for access later. If you attend all, none, or just parts of the live event you will still receive access to the recording and resources via Coassemble.
If you are registering for multiple people, please fill out each ticket with their name and email address.
The Zoom link and password will be sent out two days before the event along with digital handouts.
This event will be 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM EASTERN time.
Early Bird tickets available until July 1st. The last day to register for this event will be August 3rd, 2021.
NO REFUNDS will be issued after the Zoom password has been released.
If you are interested in having Jen bring HelloLitCon to your school or literacy professional development tailored to your school's needs, please send her at email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her general PD information packet is HERE.
- Standard Registration$149$1490$0