Sat, Apr 04|
Not Fremont Live Stream Zoom HelloLitCon
HelloEarlyLitCon, Fremont, CA
LIVE STREAM STRAIGHT TO YOUR HOME VIRTUALLY! Throughout the day, Jen will present a variety of low prep/high yield strategies that are simple and free to implement in your classroom immediately! This PD is appropriate for teachers with students reading at the K-2 reading level.
Time & Location
Apr 04, 2020, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Not Fremont Live Stream Zoom HelloLitCon
About The Event
Preparing students for the 21st century means giving K-2 students a solid foundation of early literacy instruction and chunks of time for them to practice and learn phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, writing, vocabulary and language. In Kindergarten, students begin their formal education, the first year of school where teachers build on the vocabulary, language, cognitive and social development that parents have nurtured since birth through home experiences such as reading books and being read to, talking with their children, and taking them places in the world, and holding their hand as they learn enough independence to leave the nest for the day and be with you. Parents entrust their world to us each and every day, and it is the job and responsibility to love, nurture, care for, smile at, pour into, reassure, and teach students how to read and write and be kind to one another. K-2 teaching involves providing a print-rich, language-rich, speaking-rich environment where students have volumes of opportunities to have positive interactions with books, letters, sounds, songs, peers, tools, manipulatives, and more. We teach all of these through academic structures of cooperation, collaboration and communication, so students have the maximum amount of practice, success & failure opportunities to become problem-solvers, strategic and proficient readers and writers and independent and confident students/adults. Throughout the day, Jen will present a variety of low-prep/high yield instructional strategies that are simple and free to implement, that will leave you feeling confident in your planning and instruction in your K-2 classroom.
An overview of the most important literacy practices for K-2 students will be presented, as well as more student-centered ownership of strategies for reading engagement and reading achievement, use of the most effective strategies for teaching student voice and choice, and authentic audience are also essential elements of the 21st century classroom, especially when it comes to text and topic selection for reading, writing and research.
Day 1 - Virtual Live Stream via Zoom, 8:30am-3:30pm
8:15 Sign On, Introduce yourself in the Chat Bar
- Best Practices for a Student-Centered K-2 Classroom: Oral Language, Shared Reading, Home Reading, Poetry Notebooks
- Foundational Literacy: Guided Reading, Phonemic Awareness, Alphabet & Word Principles, and Spelling through Guided Writing
- Running Record Refresh: Scoring, Analyzing & Prioritizing Student Reading Behaviors
Jen speaks on these topics and more, to schools and districts all over the country. She is highly sought-after and teachers in her workshops have said “this was the best professional development we’ve ever had.”
$200 Standard Registration
Conference registration includes:
- Cool Hello Literacy Merch (will be mailed to you)
- Conference Materials & free digital files aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 10 CEU hours
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- A vivid fiction picture book
- A Big Book (to plan a Shared Reading 5-day lesson format)
- A read-aloud fiction chapter book
- Sticky notes, teacher pens, highlighters
- Portable White Board, white board pen & eraser/sock, math counters
- BYOD: iPad, Chromebook or Smart Phone
There are 4 ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting Paypal button).
2. Pay with a school purchase order. If your school is paying for your registration, select "Pay Offline" and follow the directions so Hello Literacy can email you an invoice.
3. Pay via a grant through Donors Choose Professional Development. Write the grant and Donors Choose will pay Hello Literacy on your behalf.
4. Pay with a personal check by selecting "Pay Offline" and follow the directions so Hello Literacy can email you an invoice. All school, district or personal checks must be paid within 30 days of registering with an offline payment, unless it's within 30 days of the conference and then it's due before the conference or on the day of the conference.
If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders, or invoices, please ask at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO REFUNDS will be issued within 30 days prior to the event.
If you are interested in having Jen bring HelloLitCon to your school or literacy professional development tailored to your school's needs, please send her at email at email@example.com. Her general PD information packet is HERE.
Live Stream Ticket
Live stream HelloEARLYLitCon: Fremont straight to your home!