HelloTechCon Raleigh, NC
Time & Location
About The Event
Come to HelloTechCon to spark and ignite a passion for teaching with the use of technology and a sense of urgency. Jen and Kami speak with authenticity and passion for students and the future of the classroom. Throughout the day, Jen and Kami will present a variety of digital literacy strategies that are simple and free to implement. Use technology as a instructional tool in your classroom. Apps and technology are more than just tool, they are engaging methods of creation.
Together, they have over 50 years of classroom experience, and they can't wait to share this with you!
This conference will incorporate whole group and session based models of PD into the day so that teachers will disseminate information throughout their group and learn from others at the event to bring their learning back to school. Explore how you can use technology to enhance students’ competence in reading. Through a wealth of resources, website and apps, educators are empowered to create efficient technology-integrated classrooms, while collaborating effectively with students and educators inside and outside the four walls of your classroom.
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction Renewal credits for licensure require all K-5 teachers need 2 digital learning competency credits effective June 30, 2018. Register for HelloTechCon to get your digital learning credits today!
The main focus of this Saturday PD will be:
How to create and maintain digital student portolios* will be the main goal this conference. All tech learning will fall under the under the umbrella of teaching students in a way that embeds technology into your lessons with paperless outcomes and a digital record of learning. *Digital student portfolios is now part of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction Digital Learning Plan for all North Carolina students. The web-based and device based app, Seesaw, will be the digital portfolio platform used (both you as our students AND teaching you how to use it with your students) at HelloTechCon...in other words, Seesaw will be a MUST for everyone. We'll teach you how and why this platform is all you and your students need to create and maintain digital portfolios and all the engaging apps to smash into Seesaw.
This conference is a hands-on device day, compatible with both iPads AND Chromebooks, so bring both or the one that your students mainly use.
What will be covered:
- 21st century learning
- Digital collaboration
- Paperless options for reading response
- Innovative engagement in your classroom
- Problem solving and independence
- Using digital portfolios for staff, administration and students
- Social media in the classroom & student and teacher digital citizenship
- Digital vocabulary games
- Interactive digital games & digital word walls
-Tech Centers: EPIC books for kids, Kindle, Newsela, Google Docs, Plickers, Marco Polo, iBooks, Quizlet Live, Kahoot Jumbles
-App Smashing with apps: Seesaw, Buncee, Telestory, PicCollage, ClassKick
-Mini-Sessions Round 1: Student Research, Online Collaboration, Mystery Skype, Digital Literacy, Coding
-Mini-Sessions Round 2: Student Portfolios, Device Management, Internet Safety, Robots, Growing Your PLN
Jen and Kami speak on these topics and more, to schools and districts all over the country. They are highly sought-after and teachers in their workshops have said “this was the best professional development we’ve ever had.” Other local teacher experts will also be leading tech center rotations in the afternoon. If you have questions prior to registering, please email us at email@example.com
Conference registration includes:
- Cool HelloTechCon Merch
- Conference Materials & free digital files aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 1 NC Digital Learning Competency credit
$165 - Early Bird Registration before Nov. 10, 2018
$200 - Standard Registration after Nov. 10, 2018
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- BYOD: iPad, Chromebook, Laptop or Smart Phone
- Download these apps before the event - PicCollage, ChatterPix, Seasaw, DoodleBuddy, ClassKick, Quizlet, Socrative, Book Creator, Buncee, Epic!, Marco Polo
- Charger (laptop or phone)
There are 4 ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting Paypal button).
2. Pay with a school purchase order. If your school is paying for your registration, select "Manual Payment" and follow the directions so Hello Literacy can email you an invoice.
3. Pay via a grant through Donors Choose Professional Development. Write the grant and Donors Choose will pay Hello Literacy on your behalf.
4. Pay with a personal check by selecting "Pay Offline" and follow the directions so Hello Literacy can email you an invoice. All school, district or personal checks must be paid within 30 days of registering with an offline payment, unless it's within 30 days of the conference and then it's due before the conference or on the day of the conference.
If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders, or invoices, please ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in having Jen bring HelloLitCon to your school or literacy professional development tailored to your school's needs, please send her at email at email@example.com. Her general PD information packet is HERE.
No refunds will be issued after January 1, 2019.
- Standard Registration$200$2000$0