Time & Location
About The Event
Jamboard and the Jamboard App are powerful tools that can transform teaching and learning to build student's communication, critical thinking, creativity and collaboration skill. In these interactive lessons, students will work together to solve a driving question that connects to your learning goals and standards. Let Literacy & Technology guru, Jen Jones (@hellojenjones) & 2nd Grade Teacher in Michigan, Joe Thornton, aka, Jamboard Joe (@mrjsthornton) be your teachers for a day, where we’ll empower you with the skills to create your own templates for Jamboard (or Google Slides). For this PD, we'll walk you through HOW to make and create YOUR OWN ELA lessons from scratch using Powerpoint & Jamboard.*
**Jen and Joe did a Beginning Jamboard Design for Teachers in December 2020, a Jamboard Basics PD. If you missed it, go purchase the recording at www.helloliteracy.com/recordings. Jen & Joe highly recommend you take that course before taking this more advanced digital lesson design course.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to create your own moveable pieces for Jamboard (magnetic letters, manipulatives, phonics patterns, etc)
- How to create phonics games like Bingo, blending boards & digital poppers for spelling dictation
- How to us your well loved (possibly outdated) curriculum and/or TpT resources to make engaging activities
- How to create engaging morning meeting slides for content review
- How to create reading response Jamboards for every ELA standard
Conference registration includes:
- Simple and scalable digital strategies to implement in your classroom (remotely or in-person) immediately
- PDF handouts will emailed prior to the day that you will access & use during the day
- Free digital files and resources aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 1 NC Digital Learning Competency credit or 10 hours of Continuing Education credit
- Access to recording of the session
- Access the the Chat Box transcript
$119 Early Bird Ticket (available until July 1)
$149 Standard Ticket
**no refunds or exchanges after Zoom password is released
Meeting ID and Zoom password will be released a few days before the event
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- BYOD: Laptop & Computer (we recommend both-one for viewing, one for creating with us)
- Download these apps before the event - Zoom, Epic! Hello fonts and make sure you have Powerpoint
- Picture book or two
- Curriculum (what every you use)
Ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting PayPal button).
- NO purchase orders will be accepted for individual tickets or groups less than 10.
This event will be recorded and available for access later. If you attend all, none, or just parts of the live event you will still receive access to the recording and resources via Coassemble.
If you are registering for multiple people, please fill out each ticket with their name and email address.
The last day to register is August 1st, 2021.
No refunds will be issued after July 30th or after the Zoom code is sent out--whichever is first.
If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders for groups of 10 or more, or invoices, please ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standard ticket$149$1490$0