Nonfiction Lit Lab
Time & Location
About The Event
- Unpacking the Informational Reading Standards to Reveal Nonfiction Reading Skills
- Why Phonemic Awareness & Phonics is Necessary for Advanced Decoding & Comprehension
- Fluency & Vocabulary Foundations Necessary for Nonfiction Reading
- Morphology: Studying Word Part Meaning to Understand MultiSyllabic Words
- Digging into Standard 10 & Literary Elements of Complex Text
- Instructional Strategies for Scaffolding Dense Text
- The Five Text Structures of Nonfiction & Graphic Organizers to Support Comprehension
- Guiding Students to Speak (oral comprehension) and Write (written comprehension) About Nonfiction, including written essays like TDA (Text Dependent Analysis)
Conference registration includes:
- Simple and scalable digital strategies to implement in your classroom (remotely or in-person) immediately
- PDF handouts will emailed prior to the day that you will access & use during the day
- Free digital files and resources aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit in the area of Literacy
- Access to recording of the session
- Access the the Chat Box transcript
$119 Early Bird Ticket (available until July 1)
$149 Standard Ticket
**no refunds or exchanges after Zoom password is released
Meeting ID and Zoom password will be released a few days before the event
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- BYOD: Laptop & Computer (we recommend both-one for viewing, one for creating with us)
- Handouts will be provided the week before the event
- Blank Notes pages, pens, sticky notes
Ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting PayPal button).
- NO purchase orders will be accepted for individual tickets or groups less than 10.
This event will be recorded and available for access later. If you attend all, none, or just parts of the live event you will still receive access to the recording and resources via Coassemble.
If you are registering for multiple people, please fill out each ticket with their name and email address.
The last day to register is July 29, 2021.
No refunds will be issued after July 25th or after the Zoom code is sent out--whichever is first.
If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders for groups of 10 or more, or invoices, please ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nonfiction Standard Ticket$149$1490$0