Time & Location
About The Event
Need help with remote teaching? Have you used Zoom and Seesaw but didn’t realize all of its possibilities? Spend a day with Hello Literacy’s Jen Jones (@hellojenjones) and app guru Kami Butterfield (@teachingwithappitude) for some PAPERLESS PD!
Welcome to Hello Virtual Tech Con! The morning will be filled with how-to's, strategies and tips for using the learning management system, Seesaw. This free app is available on all Android and iOS devices. Learn about all the advantages to using this app not only for remote learning but for hitting so many of our language arts standards as well. In the afternoon, Jen and Kami will talk about the Zoom app for meetings, e-learning, reading activities, teaching, and games. This will be a “virtual” workshop about teaching virtually and how to save time in your classroom.
Come to HelloTechCon to spark and ignite a passion for teaching with the use of technology and a sense of urgency. Jen and Kami speak with authenticity and passion for students and the future of the classroom. Throughout the day, Jen and Kami will present a variety of digital literacy strategies that are simple and free to implement. Here are the specific learning outcomes for the day (you can register for just the am or just the pm or both):
K-5 Seesaw Outcomes (am)
- How to create a Seesaw assignment (with Seesaw shortcuts cheat sheet)
- How to differentiate Seesaw assignments for different students
- How to make your Google slides interactive in Seesaw
- How to embed links into your bitmoji classroom (we’ll provide you templates)
- How to change the student avatar in Seesaw
- How to use a tabbed notebook template to create digital notebook (Reading Response Notebook)
- Using virtual choice boards & (digital centers)
- How to create and embed pre-recorded read-alouds
- How to create editable checklists for daily student schedule
- How to turn a pdf into an interactive doc in Google Slides (digital graphic organizers)
- Student Work Collections as Digital Portfolios
- How to Take a Running Record
- How to assign phonemic awareness listening games
K-5 Zoom Outcomes (pm)
- Create ground rules & sign language during Zoom meetings
- How to increase live student engagement & participation, creating Zoom hype
- How to share screens and iPads with students
- How to change virtual background to match a book’s setting for “Guess My Book”
- How to play interactive games, activities & songs in Zoom & BreakOut Rooms
- Live Morning Meetings with Google Slides
- How to share Epic books with your class & share collections
- How to use the Chat Box for student engagement & written response
- Collecting and recording Student Interests to be a Book Pusher
- How to do Guided Reading in Zoom
- How to do Guided Writing in Zoom
- How to do Shared Reading & Grammar Hunts live and pre-recorded in Seesaw
Want this list in PDF form? Click here!
Have questions? Check out FAQs here!
Together, they have over 50 years of classroom experience, and they can't wait to share this with you!
Jen and Kami speak on these topics and more, to schools and districts all over the country. They are highly sought-after and teachers in their workshops have said “this was the best professional development we’ve ever had.” If you have questions prior to registering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference registration includes:
- Simple and scalable strategies to implement in your classroom (remotely or in-person) immediately
- PDF handouts will emailed prior to the day that you will access & use during the day
- Free digital files and resources aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 1 NC Digital Learning Competency credit or `10 hours of Continuing Education credit
- Access to recording of the session
- Access the the Chat Box transcript
- Assess to the HelloTechCon Facebook community group (because no teacher should feel like they are learning and designing remote teaching alone!)
$75 Ticket--no refunds or exchanges after Zoom password is released
Meeting ID and Zoom password will be released a few days before the event
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- BYOD: iPad, Chromebook, Laptop or Smart Phone
- Download these apps before the event - Zoom, Seasaw, Epic!
- Charger (laptop or phone)
Ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting Paypal button).
- Pay via a grant through Donors Choose Professional Development. Write the grant and Donors Choose will pay Hello Literacy on your behalf. Apply for a "special project" through Donors Choose.
If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders for groups of 10 or more, or invoices, please ask at email@example.com.
The last day to register is August 4, 2020.
No refunds will be issued after August 1, 2020.
- Afternoon Zoom Ticket$75$750$0