Sat, Oct 10|
Virtual HelloTechCon 3.0
*ONLINE* Teaching remotely in the fall? Let Jen & team help you use FlipGrid (AM session) and get familiar with Google Tools (PM session). Learn strategies for shared reading, text annotation, Jamboard & Google hacks to simplify your teaching tasks.
Time & Location
Oct 10, 2020, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM EDT
About The Event
Need help with remote teaching?
Come to HelloTechCon to spark and ignite a passion for teaching with the use of technology and a sense of urgency. The presenters speak with authenticity and passion for students and the future of the classroom. Throughout the day, presenters will present a variety of digital literacy strategies that are simple and free to implement. Here are the specific learning outcomes for the day (you can register for just the am or just the pm or both):
K-5 Learning Outcomes: FlipGrid, GSuite Tools & Google Sites (am) -Shalonda & Kelli
- How to use Virtual Bitmoji Libraries in the Classroom to organize your Reading Lessons
- How to use Google Slides
- How to create a #Booksnap using Google Drawings and Google Slides
- How to use Flipgrid
- How to use other platforms, such as Wonderopolis and Epic, which are embedded within Flipgrid
- How to use Quizlet Live
- How to use and create a Google Site
- How to use your Google Site as a platform for your Google Calendar, class syllabus, homework assignments and other classroom resources.
- How to design creative buttons in Google Sites
- How to add a site logo (favicon) in Google Sites.
- How to insert an image carousel in Google Sites.
- How to create a collapsible text box into Google Sites.
K-5 Learning Outcomes: Teaching Virtually in the Google Suite (pm)
- Jamboard: how to use it, how to add images & organizers, how to create lessons in Jamboard, how to make venn diagrams & organizers inside Jamboard, how to share a Jamboard with students, importing text for Shared Reading & Guided Reading into Jamboard
- How to create custom text headers in Powerpoint to use inside Google Tools like Slides, Sites and Jamboard
- How to use EpicPen for text annotation
- Collaborating with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drawings
- Timesaving tips - Save time with G-Suite. Shortcuts every teacher should know.
- Interactive lessons with Sheets and Slides.
- Teacher Must-have Chrome Extensions.
- Improving your teacher work-flow with G-Suite
- Google Drawings formative feedback
- Using Google Forms to inform instruction
- Free up time and lower your anxiety with Mr N’s Automatic attendance tracker with Google Forms and Sheets.
- Scheduling assignments to multiple classes in Google classroom. They said it couldn’t be done.
- Google Slides is a teacher’s best friend - Free gift with purchase - Classroom Slide generator by Mr N
- Staying organized with Google Sheets - Take your online planner wherever you go.
Together, they have over 50 years of classroom experience, and they can't wait to share this with you!
Jen and others speak on these topics and more, to schools and districts all over the country. They are highly sought-after and teachers in their workshops have said “this was the best professional development we’ve ever had.” If you have questions prior to registering, please email us at email@example.com
Conference registration includes:
- Simple and scalable strategies to implement in your classroom (remotely or in-person) immediately
- PDF handouts will emailed prior to the day that you will access & use during the day
- Free digital files and resources aligned to conference lessons & activities
- Certificate of Completion for 1 NC Digital Learning Competency credit or `10 hours of Continuing Education credit
- Access to recording of the session
- Access the the Chat Box transcript
- Assess to the HelloTechCon Facebook community group (because no teacher should feel like they are learning and designing remote teaching alone!)
$75 Ticket--no refunds or exchanges after Zoom password is released
Meeting ID and Zoom password will be released a few days before the event
Conference Supplies to Bring:
- BYOD: iPad, Chromebook, Laptop or Smart Phone
- Download these apps before the event - Zoom, Seasaw, Epic!
- Charger (laptop or phone)
Ways to pay for this conference:
- Pay via Paypal, credit card or debit card at checkout (access credit card and debit card payment option by selecting Paypal button).
- Pay via a grant through Donors Choose Professional Development. Write the grant and Donors Choose will pay Hello Literacy on your behalf. Apply for a "special project" through Donors Choose.
If you have any questions about payment, purchase orders for groups of 10 or more, or invoices, please ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last day to register is October 9, 2020.
No refunds will be issued after October 3, 2020.
Afternoon Google Tools Ticket
12:30 PM-3:30 PM EST By purchasing, you get access to the live Zoom event as well as the recorded version.